What is Squadhelp Domain Marketplace
Squadhelp Domain Marketplace allows creatives to monetize their name ideas by listing them for sale in our Domain Marketplace.
How Does It Work?
Creatives can nominate any of their previously submitted name ideas from your “My Entries” page. If your name is approved, Squadhelp will deduct 500 points from your account, and will register the domain name. Your name will then be listed for sale in the Squadhelp Domain Marketplace section.
Squadhelp will advertise these names to those customers who may be looking for a name but are not interested in the contest format.
You will also be able to continue to submit these names in future contests.
How does it benefit the creatives?
- Protection of Ideas: Since Squadhelp registers your approved names, you can continue to submit them in relevant naming contests without worrying about the names getting registered by anyone else.
- No initial investment: Squadhelp pays for the initial domain registration fee to purchase the domain
- No listing fee: Several marketplaces charge a listing fee to list a name for sale in their marketplace. At Squadhelp, there are no listing fees to list a name for sale.
- No cost for the visual logos - For a limited time, Squadhelp will make the initial investment needed to create a visual logo for the approved names, that can further help in promoting the names.
- Benefit from increased marketing and advertising: Squadhelp invests significant amount of marketing money across various channels to bring relevant customers to our platform. The additional marketing spend to promote domain marketplace will lead to significantly higher visibility of your listed names.
- Curated selection = Better Discovery - We are different from other marketplaces in that we only allow a very selective list of curated names on our marketplace. As a result, your name does not compete with thousands of other names in the same category - resulting in a much higher likelihood of discovery and purchase.
- If someone purchases the name from the Domains marketplace, you will be credited with the greater of $300 award or 40% of Net Selling Price of domain name. For example, if the domain sells for $2000, the creative who submitted the name will receive $800 award when it sells. If the domain sells for $599, the creative will still receive the $300 award amount in their account. Note: Your award is subject to the 10% transaction fees that are applied when requesting payouts.
- If you submit a marketplace approved name to a contest, and it is selected as a winner, you will only receive the award amount associated with that contest. (For example, if the award amount for the contest is $100, in that case you will only receive $100). No other compensation will be due in this scenario.
- If you also allow Instant Recommendations on your previously submitted names, your domains will also be recommended to relevant contests (with award amount of $200 or higher). If your domain is selected as a winner for that contest, you will receive the award amount associated with that contest.
How long will my name be listed for?
- Squadhelp will pay for the first year of your domain registration costs and list your domain in the domain marketplace for a period of 1 year.
- If the domain does not sell within the first year, the creative will have the option to pay a $10 listing fee to extend the marketplace listing for another year. In that case Squadhelp will renew the domain registration for another year and continue to list the domain for sale.
- If the creative prefers to not pay the listing fee, the domain registration will expire and the name will go back to the open pool of available domains. It will also be removed from Domain Marketplace at that time.
What price would customers pay if they buy the name?
- Squadhelp will determine the Final Selling Price of the domain name based upon several factors such as the marketability of the domain name, and other market factors. This price also includes validation services that will be offered by Squadhelp (e.g. Trademark and Linguistics Analysis by a licensed Trademark attorney, Domain transfer to the customer, etc).
- Squadhelp may also list the domain for sale on external domain marketplaces or with external brokers. In those cases, the Net Selling Price will be calculated after deducting any external broker fees from the purchase amount. For example, if the domain name sells via a third party marketplace for $2000, and marketplace charges a 20% commission, in that case the Net Selling Price would be $1600 ($2000 - 20%). Therefore, the award received by the creative would be $640 (40% of $1600).
Can I list this name for sale in other marketplaces?
- No. Since Squadhelp will be the owner of record for the domain name, you will not be able to list it for sale in other marketplaces.
What happens If I submit the name to a naming contest which offers a lower award?
- You are allowed to submit the name to any contest. In that case, if your name is selected as a winner, you will only receive the award amount associated with that contest. For example, when you submit the name to a bronze package contest ($100 award), you will receive the $100 award if your domain is selected as a winner.
- Once your name is selected as a winner in a contest, it will be automatically removed from the Domain Marketplace section.
- Squadhelp will handle the domain transfer to the contest holder, at no extra cost to you.
- Squadhelp makes no guarantees that your domain will sell in Domain marketplace.
- Squadhelp reserves the right to remove your listing from Domain Marketplace section at any time, for any reason. You will still have the ability to continue to submit that name in naming contests.
- Your account must remain in good standing (i.e. not suspended) in order for you to be eligible to receive the payout related to your Domain Marketplace sale.
- The amount will be credited to your account after the successful transfer of the domain name to the customer. This process can take anywhere from 5 to 15 days after the sale.