The Squadhelp Domain Marketplace allows you to sell their names to potential customers. Read more about how it works here.
These Terms and Conditions apply to You (the creative) and Squadhelp.
General Terms & Conditions
- Squadhelp reserves the right to approve or deny your Marketplace submissions.
- Until the Domain Transfer is complete, the customers have the ability to cancel their purchase. In that case, the customer's payment will be refunded and you will not receive any compensation. The domain name will be relisted for sale in the Marketplace.
- As long as the domain has not been sold to a customer, you are allowed to submit that name in other contests hosted on Squadhelp.com
- Your account must be active and in good standing at the time of domain sale in order for you to receive the compensation.
- Submitting marketplace domains into contests - Squadhelp explicitly asks Contest Holders if they are interested in Premium Domains. (1) In contests where a CH indicates that they are interested in reviewing premium domains, Creatives will be able to submit their Marketplace domains at the full listed price. (2) If a Contest Holder indicates that they are not interested in accepting premium domains, Creatives can still submit their Marketplace domains into the contest, but this will be facilitated through My Owned Domains, and the Creative will receive only the contest award amount if their name is chosen as the contest winner. Examples - If you submit a domain that is listed on the Marketplace for $999 to a contest with an award amount of $200, here is how your award amount will be handled: (a) if open to premium domain, the domain will be offered at a discounted price to the Contest Holder and you will still receive the full commission as per the commission rule of your entry (b) if not open to premium domains, you will receive the $200 award amount.
Squadhelp Owned Domains - Terms & Conditions
- If your Marketplace submission is accepted, Squadhelp will deduct 100 points from your account.
- Squadhelp will register the domain name for your entry and as a result will be the owner of record for that domain name. Therefore, you will no longer have the ability to list that domain for sale in other marketplaces (outside Squadhelp.com platform).
- Squadhelp will register the domain for a duration of 1 year. At the end of the year, you will have the ability to pay a listing fee of $10 to extend the listing in the SH Domain Marketplace for another year. (In this case SH will renew the domain registration and continue to list the domain in the marketplace). Additionally, for a large majority of your names, you will receive a second option where SH will waive the $10 renewal fee and pay for domain renewal. If you choose this option, you will receive a reduced commission when your name sells. Before agreeing to this option, you will be able to see your exact commission rules, so you can decide whether or not it makes sense to stay with the original commission rules and pay the $10 renewal, or allow Squadhelp to renew the domain with a reduced commission to you. Please note that these commission rules can be different for different domains (based upon several factors) and you will be able to see the exact rule before deciding on a renewal option. To manage this process, you will be able to see the expiration date of your listed domains from your dashboard in Squadhelp. If a domain is not renewed, Squadhelp will not be able to transfer the domain ownership back to you under any circumstance.
- Squadhelp has complete control & discretion over setting a selling price on the domains. Based upon market factors, SH may decide to increase or decrease the price of these domains at any time.
- Commission Structure:
- For domains registered by SH prior to May 16, 2018, you are eligible to receive the greater of $300 or 40% of Net Selling Price.
- For domains registered by SH on or after May 16, 2018, your commission will be based upon the specific commission rule assigned to your domain. You will have the opportunity to approve or reject the commission rule prior to the listing going live. You will be able to see the specific commission rule assigned to your domain at all times from your Marketplace Dashboard.
- If a customer purchases the name from the Domains marketplace, and after successful transfer of the domain name to the customer's account, you will be credited as per the commission rule assigned to you name. For example, if the commission rule is greater of $300 or 40% of Net Selling Price and the domain sells for $2000, you will receive $800 award when it sells. If the domain sells for $599, you will still receive the $300 award amount in their account.
- Note: Your commission is subject to the 10% transaction fees that are applied when requesting payouts.
Seller Owned Domains Terms & Conditions
- Commission structure:
- For domains approved by SH prior to June 13, 2018, your commission will follow these rules: If your domain selling price is less than $4999, you will receive a commission of 75% off selling price. If your domain selling price is between $5000 - $9999, you will receive a commission of 82.5% off selling price. If your domain selling price is more than $10,000, you will receive a commission of 85% off selling price. All commissions will be subject to a 10% withdrawal fee.
- For domains approved by SH on or after June 13, 2018,, your commission will be based upon the specific commission rule assigned to your domain. You will have the opportunity to approve or reject the commission rule prior to the listing going live. You will be able to see the specific commission rule assigned to your domain at all times from your Marketplace Dashboard.
- If your listing is approved, you would need to point your domains to the Squadhelp website (i.e. these domains will be listed exclusively on SH)
- You can remove your listing at any time by giving us a 7 day notice. However, note that if there is a pending offer or transaction on that domain, you will no longer be able to remove that listing.
- If you remove the listing, you do not own any rights to the logo created by the SH team.
- Although you can suggest a price (net of SH commissions) while listing the domain, SH may approve the listing at a different price. In that situation, you will have the ability to withdraw your listing if you are not comfortable with SH’s recommended price.
- From time to time, SH will offer discounts on the listed domains (typically 10% to 20%). Your commissions will be based on the final price paid by the customer to purchase the domains.