In order to allow fair participation in the SH Domain Marketplace, the following rules apply when it comes to submissions to Marketplace:
- If your name is currently part of an active or pending naming contest, it cannot be submitted to the Marketplace by you or any other creative if that entry has received a Love It rating, or if it is currently being shortlisted in that contest. Note: This rule does not apply for creative owned domains.
- If the entry has been selected as the winner in a SH naming contest, you are not allowed to submit that entry to the marketplace. The only exception to this rule is if the winning domain has not been registered by the CH for more than 60 days. In that case, you as the winning creative may contact SH to consider that name for Marketplace approval. Under no circumstances are you allowed to register your own names if they have been declared the winner in a contest.
- Once a creative has submitted an entry for approval in the marketplace, no other creative can submit that entry to the marketplace. Even if the original creative's entry is not approved, it can not be submitted to the marketplace in the future by a different creative.
- From time to time, SH hosts "Marketplace Contests" which are designed to allow creatives to submit names to the SH Marketplace. Submission to a Marketplace Contest does not guarantee or secure a place in SH marketplace. Marketplace contests are merely a mechanism to bring your names into the SH platform. You still need to explicitly submit that name to the SH Marketplace in order for it to be considered for approval and in order to block any other creatives from submitting the same name to the marketplace.
Here are some examples to further clarify these policies:
- Creative A Submitted a Name to a Squadhelp Contest titled "XYZ" on July 4. The name received a Love It rating. On July 15, Creative B attempted to submit the same name to the SH Marketplace. Since the contest "XYZ" is still pending winner selection, Creative B will not be allowed to submit that name to Marketplace (nor can Creative A submit the name into the Marketplace).
- Creative A submitted a name "ABC.com" to the SH Marketplace. The name was not approved in SH Marketplace. Two months later, Creative B attempted to submit the same name "ABC.com" to the SH marketplace. They will not be allowed to submit that name because it was previously submitted by Creative A.
- Creative A submitted a Name to a Squadhelp Contest titled "XYZ" on July 4. The name received a Love It rating. On July 20, the same name was registered by a different creative (Creative B, who is unrelated to the contest XYZ). Creative B will be able to submit that name to the SH Marketplace as a "Creative Owned" domain.