The Squadhelp Domain Marketplace allows you to sell your names to potential customers. Read more about how it works here.
These Terms and Conditions apply to You (the creative) and Squadhelp.
General Terms & Conditions
- Squadhelp reserves the right to approve or deny your Marketplace submissions.
- Until the Domain Transfer is complete, the customers have the ability to cancel their purchase. In that case, the customer's payment will be refunded and you will not receive any compensation. The domain name will be relisted for sale in the Marketplace.
- As long as the domain has not been sold to a customer, you are allowed to submit that name in other contests hosted on Squadhelp.com
- Your account must be active and in good standing at the time of domain sale in order for you to receive the compensation.
Commission Structure & Pricing
- For Squadhelp owned domains, the typical commission offered to creatives ranges from 20% of the selling price to 40% of the selling price.
- For Seller owned domains, the typical commission offered to sellers ranges from 60% of the selling price to 80% of the selling price. Note: For high value domains (greater than $50,000), a different commission structure may be offered to sellers.
- You will have the opportunity to approve or reject the commission rule prior to the listing going live.
- Your final commission will be based upon the specific commission rule assigned to your domain as well as the actual selling price of the domain. The commission will be deposited to your account after the domain has been successfully transferred to the buyer. For example, if the commission rule is greater of $300 or 40% of Net Selling Price and the domain sells for $2000, you will receive $800 commission after it is transferred to the buyer. If the domain sells for $599, you will still receive $300 commission in above example.
- Note: There are no additional withdrawal fees charged by Squadhelp when you withdraw your funds from domain sales.
Submitting marketplace domains into contests -
- Squadhelp explicitly asks Contest Holders if they are interested in Premium Domains.
- a) In contests where a CH indicates that they are interested in reviewing premium domains, Creatives will be able to submit their Marketplace domains at the full listed price.
- b) If a Contest Holder indicates that they are not interested in accepting premium domains, Creatives can still submit their Marketplace domains into the contest, but this will be facilitated through My Owned Domains, and the Creative will receive only the contest award amount if their name is chosen as the contest winner. Squadhelp will offer the premium domain at a substantial discount to the contest holder.
- Examples - If you submit a domain that is listed on the Marketplace for $999 to a contest with an award amount of $200, here is how your award amount will be handled: (a) if open to premium domain, the domain will be offered at a discounted price to the Contest Holder and you will either receive the contest award amount or your full commission based upon final selling price (whichever is greater) (b) if not open to premium domains, the domain will be offered at a substantially higher discount to the CH and you will receive the $200 award amount.
Squadhelp Owned Domains - Terms & Conditions
- If your Marketplace submission is accepted, Squadhelp will deduct 100 points from your account.
- Squadhelp will register the domain name for your entry and as a result will be the owner of record for that domain name. Therefore, you will no longer have the ability to list that domain for sale in other marketplaces (outside Squadhelp.com platform).
- Renewals: Squadhelp will register the domain for a duration of 1 year. At the end of the year, you will have the ability to pay a listing fee of $10 to extend the listing in the SH Domain Marketplace for another year. (In this case SH will renew the domain registration and continue to list the domain in the marketplace at originally approved commission rules). Additionally, for some of your names, you will receive a second option where SH will waive the $10 renewal fee and pay for domain renewal. If you choose this option, you will receive a reduced commission when your name sells. Please note that these commission rules can be different for different domains (based upon several factors) and you will be able to see the exact rule before deciding on a renewal option. If you do not select a renewal option 7 days prior to your expiration date, Squadhelp will automatically renew your domain and charge your account a $10 listing fee.
- Squadhelp will not be able to transfer the domain ownership back to you under any circumstance.
- Squadhelp has complete control & discretion over setting a selling price and discounts for Squadhelp owned domains. Based upon market factors, SH may decide to increase or decrease the price of these domains at any time.
Seller Owned Domains Terms & Conditions
- If your listing is approved, you would need to point your domains to the Squadhelp Name Servers (i.e. these domains will be listed exclusively on SH)
- In case of Seller Owned domains, SH has limited control on lowering the selling price or offering a discount once the listing has been approved by seller. SH will not reduce the approved selling price by more than $200 (unless that reduction is explicitly approved by the seller.
- You can remove your listing at any time by giving us a 7 day notice. However, note that if there is a pending offer or transaction on that domain, you will no longer be able to remove that listing
- If you remove the listing, you do not own any rights to the logo created by the SH team.
- Selling any of your domains to a Squadhelp customer (outside SH platform) is a direct violation of our Terms of Service.