The Squadhelp Domain Marketplace allows you to sell your names to potential customers. Read more about how it works here.
These Terms and Conditions apply to You (the seller) and Squadhelp.
General Terms & Conditions
- Squadhelp reserves the right to approve or deny your Marketplace submissions.
- Until the Domain Transfer is complete, the customers have the ability to cancel their purchase. In that case, the customer's payment will be refunded and you will not receive any compensation. The domain name will be relisted for sale in the Marketplace.
- As long as the domain has not been sold to a customer, you are allowed to submit that name in other contests hosted on Squadhelp.com
- Your account must be active and in good standing at the time of domain sale in order for you to receive the compensation.
Commission Structure & Pricing
- For Squadhelp-owned domains, the typical commission offered to sellers ranges from 20% of the selling price to 40% of the selling price.
- For Seller owned domains, the typical commission charged by Squadhelp ranges from 35% of the selling price to 15% of the selling price. Check this page for more details on Commissions
- You will have the opportunity to approve or reject the commission rule prior to the listing going live.
- Your final commission will be based upon the specific commission rule assigned to your domain as well as the actual selling price of the domain. The commission will be deposited to your account after the domain has been successfully transferred to the buyer. For example, if the commission rule is SH Receives 30% and the domain sells for $3000, you will receive $2100 commission after it is transferred to the buyer.
- Note: There are no additional withdrawal fees charged by Squadhelp when you withdraw your funds from domain sales.
Submitting marketplace domains into contests -
- Squadhelp no longer asks Contest Holders if they are interested in Premium Domains.
- You can submit your Premium, Basic Plus or Basic Domains to any contests.
- Premium and Basic Plus listings must be purchased by a Contest Holder for the full purchase price (if the contest holder wants to use the domain). As a seller, you will receive the greater of contest award amount or the full commission as per the selling price of the domain.
- If you submit a Basic domain to a contest, you are only eligible to receive the contest award. If you are selected as a winner, you must transfer the Basic domain to the contest holder at no additional cost.
Squadhelp Owned Domains - Terms & Conditions
- If your Marketplace submission is accepted, Squadhelp will deduct 100 points from your account.
- Squadhelp will register the domain name for your entry and as a result will be the owner of record for that domain name. Therefore, you will no longer have the ability to list that domain for sale in other marketplaces (outside Squadhelp.com platform).
- Renewals: Squadhelp will register the domain for a duration of 1 year. At the end of the year, you will have the ability to pay a listing fee of $10 to extend the listing in the SH Domain Marketplace for another year. (In this case SH will renew the domain registration and continue to list the domain in the marketplace at originally approved commission rules). Additionally, for some of your names, you will receive a second option where SH will waive the $10 renewal fee and pay for domain renewal. If you choose this option, you will receive a reduced commission when your name sells. Please note that these commission rules can be different for different domains (based upon several factors) and you will be able to see the exact rule before deciding on a renewal option. If you do not select a renewal option 7 days prior to your expiration date, Squadhelp will automatically renew your domain and charge your account a $10 listing fee.
- Squadhelp will not be able to transfer the domain ownership back to you under any circumstance.
- Squadhelp has complete control & discretion over setting a selling price and discounts for Squadhelp owned domains. Based upon market factors, SH may decide to increase or decrease the price of these domains at any time.
Seller Owned Domains Terms & Conditions
- If your listing is approved, you would need to point your domains to the Squadhelp Name Servers (i.e. these domains will be listed exclusively on SH)
- In case of Seller Owned domains, SH has limited control on lowering the selling price or offering a discount once the listing has been approved by seller. SH will not reduce the approved selling price by more than $200 (unless that reduction is explicitly approved by the seller.
- You can remove your listing at any time by giving us a 7 day notice. However, note that if there is a pending offer or transaction on that domain, you will no longer be able to remove that listing. Excessive or Frequent removal of listings will likely reduce your ability to submit domains in future because SH makes upfront investment in creating logos and promoting the domains.
- If you remove the listing, you do not own any rights to the logo created by the SH team.
- Selling any of your domains outside SH platform while your listing is active at SH is a direct violation of our Terms of Service.